Pages

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Memories

Tuesday Taggers Challenge
Memories
(please link them in your post
in order to enter the prize draw)
Hi there! Well time for another challenge at Tuesday Taggers and this week the theme has been set by our fantastic and extremely talented teamie Michelle. I think this theme offers plenty of scope design wise and I just can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.
As usual we don't mind what you create as long as it fits the theme of memories. We are sponsored this week by the Craft Barn so don't forget to post a link to them to be in with a chance of winning their fabulous prize of a £15 voucher to be spent in their online store.
If you need inspiration check out the DT fanatstic creations which I'm sure will get your juices flowing.
Here's what I came up with.
I haven't done any stamping at all on this card so you would think not much work to do. Well you'd be right except for the fact that the flippin Fleur de Lis pendant shapeability (available from the Craft Barn) although gorgeous is a b***** to get out of the die. Incase any of you are having the same problem I'll share a little tip that I came up with after I'd prodded and poked for what seemed an age. I placed a piece of thin cards between the die and the card I wanted to cut the shape out of and ran it through the bug. The die cut through both layers leaving the thin card in the die and the other loose, voila!
Now then here's what I used. The image is from a Crafty Individual miniatures pad Places and  People (available from the Craft Barn) and does have the word memories on it although it's not showing up too well on the photo. The DP's are Basic Grey sugared and a Laura Ashley (top layer), the ribbon is one I salvaged from a box of chocs (they were yummy!)



Phew that was quite a long winded post wasn't it, hope you didn't get too bored with my witterings. Looking forward to checking out your creations.
Catch you soon
Hugs, Pat xx

15 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful.. Love the vintage image and the die cut.. very lovely..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Pat, I love the frame around your beautiful image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card pat - although its a pain the die cutting was so worth it as its beautiful x Janet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I have that problem with mine too, thanks for the tip hun! Great work here - love it!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card
    thank you for visitng my blog this morning

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love the die frame you have used they were worth the struggle I really love the card

    love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Pat

    Love everything about it, a wonderful feel of Victoiriana.

    And that tip is really useful, I have a butterfly die that does that so will give your method a go.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is stunning Pat, LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card, Pat! Thanks for the tip with that die. I've had the same problems and ended up using a sharp poky tool (Don't know it's proper name!) to get the bits out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pat Love that tip and love that die.Lot better than spending ages with a pokey tool.Love the card and hope you and John are keeping ok
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and thank you for leaving such a kind comment on my blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the card pat - the die frame realy sets off the image and paper combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pat.love the die cut xx
    debbie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do have great skills aboutcard making. I just love the acrd. It is so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello!
    Beautiful work as always ...
    I love going here and always check the news.
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x