Pages

Tuesday 26 July 2011

Alter Something to make a present.


It's Tuesday so time for another challenge with the Try it on Tuesday crew.
This week is Altered Art week and the theme is to create a present.
The Craft Barn are sponsoring the challenge again this week so there is a £15 voucher up for grabs. Don't forget to give them a mention in your post if you take part in the challenge then we can enter you into the random draw.
I decided to alter a little wooden box that I picked up in a charity shop while I was away last week.


I coloured the box with cream emulsion then stamped using a crackle background stamp and purple Versamark and added shading with DI. I edged the bottom of the box and lid with Tim Holtz tissue tape (one of my Glitter Pot purchases last week)  I coloured the flower with Silkies and edged it with a gold Pen Touch. I also used the Pen Touch around the edge of the lid and to write the sentiment.

Why not pay a visit to the Try it on Tuesday blog and check out the fantastic creations the Design Team have come up with to give you inspiration.

Thank you so much for paying me a visit today
Hugs
Pat xxx


5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box Pat, love the sentiment. Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic!. You have put so much work into this it looks stunning.
    Diane :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Box Pat. Love it. Have a great week. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful little box ..a great little find and you have decorated it beautifully
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful and so worth the hours of adding layers Pat - like meggymay i love the sentiment too x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x