Pages

Tuesday 15 February 2011

The Sky's the limit!

We have a very miserable start to the day here in the West Midlands, dull and rainy. Never mind that means it's a perfect day for crafting yeh!

It's time for another challenge with Try it on Tuesday and this week it's entirely up to you what you create using the theme the Sky's the limit.  I think a few of us on the DT struggled a little with this one but I'm sure our trusty followers will come up with the goods!

I've used the only stamp I could think of in my collection that would fit the bill.  Mind you if I looked long enough there's probably others (should really index and organise them, as if that's ever gonna happen!).

I'm sorry about the poor quality of the photo it was so difficult to get a decent picture of the embossing. I used Sheena's Wow Platinum sparkle embossing powder which looks silver in some light and more grey in another, hence the dodgy looking embossing. In reality it looks super. I'll try and get a better shot later if it brightens up. Anyway the stamp is one I saw Jayne Nestorenko demonstrating years ago on C&C and I love it. I think it's called  Moonshadow.
I brayered the background using the Big and Juicy Mountain Meadow pad then stamped the image using Perfect Medium and embossed.  I removed some of the colour in the moon and face by adding water and dabbing with tissue. I tore the bottom edge and added some colour from the Big & Juicy pad and some stickles for stars. I used a clear corner stamp (Circa Stamps) which I embossed and another Circa stamp for the sentiment.
Now if you'd like more inspiration why not check out the Try it on Tuesday challenge blog to see the DT creations.
Thank you so much for stopping by, hope you have a good day.
Hugs, Pat xx

7 comments:

  1. what a beautiful stamp pat .. it looks wonderful against the brayered sky
    Lisa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Pat, gorgeous colours. Jo :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Pat. I love the image you`ve chosen and the colours are wonderful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, looks like a magical starry night. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Pat love the image the backgrounds stunning,know what you mean about the light been ages trying to get a decent photo with mirricard
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pat, I love the stamp, it's a beauty, you have coloured the sky adding beautiful colours, love the tear too. Cheers Team mate Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely card, those colours in the sky are so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x