Pages

Monday 11 March 2013

Cool for Cats

 
 
I decided to try out a technique I saw in this months edition of Craft Stamper to create the quilted effect backing paper. You use a piece of acetate and shade along the edge with Distress Inks or Adirondacks moving the acetate along a couple of centimetres keeping the lines equidistant and parallel. As I am not confident in my aligning skills I decided to draw a line 2cm in from the edge of the acetate as a guide and it really made the job easy.  
 
The Pussycat is a Docrafts stamp I came across while sorting my stash. Amazing what you forget you've got isn't it? Anyway I coloured it with copics and added a touch of glitter here and there.
 
 
 
Quite a simple card to create but a very effective technique, although the quilting doesn't show to full effect in the photo.
 
As always thank you for stopping by
 
Pat xxx

3 comments:

  1. Love this image...gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning background effect Pat, that's one I'm going to have to try.

    And I love that cat image, it's made a really lovely card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hadn't seen this background before and must try it - it looks good. Smashing card Pat.
    Hugs
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x