Pages

Wednesday 7 January 2009

First Sara Kay card


Hi, Well I've managed to get a picy of my latest card using my new camera. I've had too many new gadgets lately and to be honest I'm struggling to get my head around them all. One at a time I can cope with, but new laptop, dvd recorder, camera and picture frame is a bit much for the old grey matter these days. I shouldn't complain as I know I'm lucky to have been bought them. I'll get there eventually LOL.
Well back to the card. The image is a Sarah Kay, I just love them, and for the leafey edges I used a stamp from a very cheap set of approx 12 (about £2) I got from Craft Central (before they closed) the backing papers are basic grey. The lacey edges where cut from Crafters Companion papers using the Xcut border system. The flowers I cut from the backing paper and layered onto punched daisies. The ribbon from stash.
The Sara Kay designs are what got me started in decoupage about 29 years ago. The designs were favourites on gift wrap and made ideal images for the decoupage. Those of you of a certain age may recall this!
Have a good day.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear thanks for your lovely comments, this card is fabulous love the colours you have used and your colouring looks fine to me. I know wat you mean about these images. I even had a bedspread with her on (didn't have quilts in those bad old days did we). Will e-mail you in a sec. Had to finish my LOTV Dt Card which I forgot to do yesterday
    Big crafty hugs
    Jacqui xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x