Pages

Sunday 20 September 2015

All that shimmers!

Today I am sharing a card and small canvas that I made for a dear friend who celebrated her birthday on Friday.
As you have probably guessed by now I love using the black and gilding wax technique so I used it for both the card and canvas, well why not? It's fun!

I used the same gilding waxes on both the card and canvas. Creative Expressions Deep Red and Graceful Blue along with Viva Inka Gold.



For the card I used Cosmic Shimmer Gold Pearl Texture Paste through the Fantasy Willow Sweet Poppy stencil onto black card which I edged using a Krylon gold pen. The background was created using Sue Wilson's Pinpoint embossing folding and gilding wax.  Shame the lovely shimmer doesn't show as well on the photos as in real life.


Bye for now
Pat xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful finished on both pieces Pat, I think my favourite is the canvas but both are great gilding wax creations, it always amazes me that colours you can end up with irrespective of that you start out with and have in mind if you know what I mean.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Pat love the designs and detail.
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really eye catching designs Pat - gilding wax can make such a difference and usually so underused. Hope you are well.
    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x