Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2012

All your own work.


As the title says the first challenge of 2012 for Try it on Tuesday is to create a card with the theme of all your own work.  No printed papers or ready made embellishments, everything on the card needs to be created by you.
So I decided to take the less is more idea and stamp directly to the card. I love this simple style but I think it's more difficult to achieve than it would first appear. I think I need a bit more practice and am definately going to be spending more time perfecting this style as I really do like the simplicity of this type of card.


I used post it notes to mask off a section of the card then coloured the aperture using DI and a blending block. I then stamped the image directly over the panel using another post it to mask off the bottom of the card so that I could stamp at different heights. I put redline tape around the four sides and added gilding flakes.
I do hope you will take the time to visit the TioT challenge blog and check out the rest of the teams creations then hopefully decide to join us for the challenge.

Well I'm going to try and get myself back to a sort of normality after all the festivities. Wish me luck.
Thank you for stopping by,
Pat xx



10 comments:

  1. Oh this is wonderful Pat.. its scary isn't it stamping directly onto the card - but gives a wonderful clean look
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love it Pat - This is a technique Michelle and I will be using a lot over the coming months in our classes - a wonderful creation from an awesome team mate xx Thanks for being part of our TIOT team - we have loved having you around and seeing your gorgeous creations. Good luck in your future endeavours and look forward to seeing your future ones xx Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pat this is a lovely card, this is certainly a technique that I will be trying.

    Happy New Year

    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Pat,I am not sure I could be brave enough to stamp directly onto the card.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its a gorgeous card Pat.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. clean and simply stylish darlink! EE

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card so classic. All the very best for the future. Take care of yourself. Hugs Bee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful card Pat. I agree it is so much more difficult stamping directly onto the card. I find it very hard. You card makes it look so simple though. I love it. Wishing you a Happy Healthy 2012 and the best of luck with everything in the future. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  9. No need to practice Pat, it's Perfect! Have loved working with you and treasured your support, spk soon
    x Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just beautiful.. Love the darling little image.. Very lovely work as always.
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you. Your comments are greatly appreciated. x